The National Board of Directors of the NCMA established the category of NCMA Fellow in July 1966. The Fellow designation is reserved for individuals who have made significant contributions to the field of contracting and to the NCMA. The fellow award is the NCMA’s third-highest award.
- Continuous support in a leadership role for NCMA and the contract management profession;
- Participation as a member of the Council of Fellows and as an active member of your local chapter;
- Contributors to efforts to enhance and expand the professional acceptance of NCMA membership and certification; and
- Mentors for the development of new NCMA leaders.
All new Fellows become a member of the Council of Fellows. All Fellows are encouraged to participate as members of the Council.
- Channel resources for use by NCMA’s president and president-elect toward the fulfillment of the association’s goals and objectives;
- Offer opportunities to participate in and guide the association’s future direction; and
- Foster a forum for roundtable discussions of issues affecting the contract management profession.
- Applies to all NCMA members.
- Winners receive:
- Fellow Certificate
- Recognition in the Contract Management magazine
- Fellow NCMA membership pin
- Presented by the National President at the Leadership Summit, Mid-Year Summit, or other appropriate conference attended by the new Fellow.